Arasan Chip Systems, the leading provider of IP for MIPI Standards, presents its latest MIPI C/D-PHY Combo IP.
This Tx/Rx transceiver complies with the MIPI Alliance C-PHY℠ v2.0 and D-PHY℠ v2.5 specifications, with world-class area and power dissipation, and is available for a range of foundry processes. This IP delivers 6 Gbps per lane for a max throughput of 24 Gbps in D-PHY℠ mode, and 6 Gsps per trio for a max throughput of 41.04 Gbps in C-PHY℠ mode. The C/D-PHY IP interfaces seamlessly to both D-PHY℠ and C-PHY℠ based sensors over its MIPI CSI-2® IP Core and MIPI Displays are increasingly adopting C-PHY over our MIPI DSI-2℠ IP core.
This combo PHY provides a low-power and high-performance interface for platforms ranging from processors to peripheral devices for mobile, automotive, AI, and IoT applications. It inter-operates seamlessly with Arasan Chip Systems CSI-2® and DSI-2℠, and offers built-in test capabilities including PRBS generator and internal loopback to support cost-effective tests for high volume manufacturing.
This combo PHY may be configured as either a D-PHY℠ with one clock and up to four data lanes, or a C-PHY℠ with up to 3 trio lanes. Area overhead to support both modes is minimized by reusing the D-PHY℠ blocks and high-speed IO’s.
● 4-lane D-PHY℠ 2.5 provides:
o 18 Gbps when operating at 4.5 Gbps
o 24 Gbps when operating at 6.0 Gbps
● 3-channel C-PHY℠ 2.0 provides:
o 30.78 Gbps when operating at 4.5 Gsps
o 41.04 Gbps when operating at 6.0 Gsps (provides 13.68 Gbps per trio per lane)
● Supports HS, LP, ALP, and CD modes
● Supports Fast lane Turnaround mode, low-power escape modes, and ultra-low-power state modes
● 80 Mbps to 1.5 Gbps per data lane in D-PHY℠ mode without deskew calibration
● Up to 2.5 Gbps per data lane in D-PHY℠ mode with deskew calibration
● Up to 4.5 Gbps per data lane in D-PHY℠ mode with equalization
● Up to 4.5Gsps (10.26 Gbps) per data trio-lane in C-PHY℠ mode available “off the shelf” for process nodes
28nm & 22nm.
● Full 6 Gbps for D-PHY optionally available on all process nodes 12nm and below.
● Full 6 Gsps for C-PHY optionally available on all process nodes 12nm and below.
● On-board programmable PLL with Spread Spectrum Clocking
● New power-saving HS-Tx half swing mode for D-PHY℠
● Supports HS-IDLE mode for D-PHY℠
● Supports HS Deskew, Alternate calibration sequence, a Preamble sequence
● Support HS Reverse
● Supports polarity swap for all lanes between DP/DN or A/B/C
● SPI register access to all registers
● Supports standard PPI interface compliant with MIPI Specifications
● Activates and disconnects high-speed termination for Rx and Tx modes
● “Support for Stuck-At scan” for DC scan feature.
● Total IP™ for MIPI Imaging & Display Interface from Arasan
o Seamlessly integrated with Arasan’s CSI-2® and DSI-2℠ Digital Controller IP which support
C-PHY v2.0 and D-PHY v2.5 features and the maximum throughput with low overhead loss.
o Limited availability of Test Chips (on TSMC FINFET) and HDK from Arasan.
● GDS-II Database
● LVS Netlist
● Physical Abstract Models (LEF)
● Timing Models (LIB)
● Process Specific Integration Guide
● User Guide
● Customer support