UFS 3.0 is the next specification update pending from JEDEC.
Arasan will offer UFS 3.0 compatible Host and Device Controllers late Q2 2017 to select customers.
Key Differences between UFS 3.0 and UFS 2.1 are:
- Multiple RPMB regions with unique auth key, registers an logical address
- Mandatory support for Gear3 5.8Gbps
- Mandatory support for Gear4 11.6Gbps with M-PHY v4.x
- Register Updates
- PA_INIT Error added to Host UIC Error Code Data Link Layer register
- Adapt for HS-G4 added to the DME SET register
- QoS added to the Host UIC Error Code register