Arasan Chip Systems, a total IP solutions provider is a pioneer of the semiconductor IP business founded in 1995 and headquartered in San Jose, California. Arasan Chip Systems, is at the forefront of the evolution of “Mobile” with its standards-based IP at the heart of Mobile SoC’s. Over a billion chips have been shipped by leading semiconductor companies with Arasan’s IP for MIPI imaging/camera , display and sensor interface solutions that are widely used in mobile devices, IoT and automotive industry and also for mobile storage devices such as SD/ eMMC , UFS etc.
Arasan’s vision is to establish leadership by being the Industry’s First to offer IP for emerging standards while ensuring quality, compliance and Total IP.
As a contributing member for various Mobile connectivity and mobile storage device standards ,the team at Arasan chip systems works vigorously with the working groups such as MIPI , JDEC, SD to keep up with the ever evolving standards. This enables Arasan to be the first in the industry to announce products for the latest specifications as the standards evolve.
Being one of the smaller IP vendors, we understand we cannot be a Jack of all trades addressing multiple standards. Our goal is to offer a comprehensive portfolio of IP required for mobile storage and mobile connectivity while being the first and best at it. Our survival depends on it!
It is in Arasan’s mission and goal to ensure our customers can also be the Industry Firsts with the SoC’s for Mobile Storage and Mobile Connectivity standards gaining from our Leadership by adopting Arasan’s IP. 85% of our business comes from repeat customers. Here’s why…
- Direct Support from the Designers for the ease of application for every customization done to suit customer’s needs.
The #1 reason customers come back is for our support. You deal directly with engineers who designed the IP. This ensures not just a quick turnaround in support issues, but also in the quality of responses. Gain firsthand from our deep domain expertise! From help to architect your system to leverage emerging standards to customizing the IP, we are there for you along the way.
- Gain from our leadership as our company’s portfolio is built with multiple firsts in the industry to our credit.
Gain from our Leadership, as it is in Arasan’s vision, is to establish leadership by being the Industry’s First to offer IP for the markets we address while ensuring quality, compliance, and Total IP Solutions.
- Pioneers of the IP business starting with USB 1.1 in 1996
- Industry’s First MIPI IP and contributing member since 2005
- Industry’s First provider of IP for the SDIO / SD Card Standard with over 90% market share.
- Industry’s First Provider of IP for JEDEC eMMC, UFS and ONFI NAND Flash.
- Total IP Solutions, It is Arasan’s goal to ensure that our customers have an end to end solution for the IPs.
Arasan is the pioneer in delivering Total IP which includes Digital Controller IP, Analog Mixed Signal PHY IP, Software and Hardware Development Kits (HDK) seamlessly integrated along with services for IP customization such that all the bits and pieces required for the rapid adoption of emerging industry standards are in one place. Arasan was the first company to make software a major part of the IP deliverable and HDK for internal bring up of customer SoC’s.
- We are Compliance! Being Industry’s First, has ensured Arasan’s IP has been used in the compliance testing of multiple production testers, protocol analyzers and standards compliance testers.
- Arasan’s SD Card Host HDK and SDIO Card HDK have been used to test SoC’s for SD / SDIO Card compliance and for production testing.
- Arasan’s MIPI CSI, DSI, D-PHY and C-PHY are used by multiple customers for production testing, compliance testing and protocol analyzers
- Arasan UFS 2.1, 3.0 and now 4.0 IP are used in production testers and compliance testing by all major testing companies while our HDK is used by all major UFS memory vendors for internal testing and SoC bring up.
- Arasan also works with multiple 3’rd party IP vendors to ensure our IP and the VIP are compliant through joint verification.
- Silicon Does not Lie! Arasan’s PHY IP’s are backed up by Silicon.
You can see it, you can hold it and you have the characterization data from it. We have done multiple test chips, for all the standards we address on multiple foundry nodes on TSMC and Global Foundries. While we strive for first pass silicon, we feel when it comes to newly released industry specifications or newly released advanced foundry nodes, it’s best to fabricate a test chip to iron out issues. Our test chips are also used by our customers for prototyping their designs and tester companies so we get feedback from multiple sources to debug the test chip and roll in bug fixes ensuring the PHY IP that goes into our customer SoC is compliant.
- It is in Arasan’s mission to develop a Focused Portfolio for every product.
Within this focused portfolio, we go deep. We are moving to advanced nodes with our PHY IP and also offer the broadest range of IP for the MIPI standards, including smaller specifications with limited market requirements to ensure we offer completeness to our customers. Direct from engineering support.(Back)